Looking for a fantastic team building experience?
Sno-King Ice Arenas offers broomball to any group looking for a fun way to build relationships and develop team skills. Broomball is a GREAT way to have fun with Church Groups, Co-workers, Friends and Family! You Don't even need to know how to skate, because its played in street shoes!
|How to Play Broomball|
Broomball is a game played on an ice rink. The game is a cross between ice hockey and soccer. Each team’s objective is to score as many goals in the net as possible. Here are the steps for playing broomball.
1. We have over 50 broomsticks available for your enjoyment. Groups can be as little as 6-8 or as many as 50. Start by splitting your teams in half…most groups will have six people per team on an ice rink at a time. There will be five people playing on the ice and one goalie per team. Each team starts off on the side of their own net in order to defend it, and then shoots for the far net.
2. Wear appropriate clothing and gear. You’ll need a helmet, layered clothing and clean tennis shoes. (we have helmets available if need be) Dirt on your shoes can ruin the ice. Leave your spikes at home. They are not allowed on the ice. Each team should wear similarly colored shirts.
3. Play 20 to 25 minutes per half with a five-minute halftime. The referee can act as time keeper. Determine how long the half will be before you begin. Most groups rent the ice for one hour.
4. Use your stick or broom properly. The broom is used to shoot and pass the regulation ball. The broom should remain below the waist. Hold on to the broom. Throwing your broom is not only against the rules, but dangerous.
5. Shoot for the opponents net and score. The team with the most goals wins!
6. We have groups of both young kids and adults playing broomball! This is also a great event for team building!
Rules & Warnings
Broomball Common Questions
How many people can we have in our group? 6-50
Is a party room included in the Broomball ice rental? No a party room can be rented with your broomball rental for an additional $65
How many people can we fit in the party room?
How long can the ice be rented for and how long can the party room be rented for? The ice rental is based on one hour. The party room can be rented by the hour as well.
Can we bring food into the party room? Yes
Do you offer food service? No but outside food is allowed